How to import multiple xml file into excel

Anonymous
2012-09-13T00:07:12+00:00

I have a lot of xml files which need to be imported into single excel file. I can able to import one by one but cannot select all at a time to import.

Is it possible to do through batch process or any other process?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

66 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-03-24T20:55:09+00:00

    Also...

    When I tired to import just one of the .xml files and then export it back as a .xml as a test, I got this dialogue box (see picture).

    Does this mean even if I can get the mapping information to stick during the import I may not be able to export this mapping type?

    Jonathan

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-03-24T20:49:19+00:00

    TasosK,

    I agree that the link you sent for exporting is the right approach.  But when I used the script you wrote to import the .xml files I seemed to have lost all of the mapping.  Is there a way to modify the script to ensure that the mapping for each .xml file remains?  I need each imported file to be exported with its own specific mapping and as its own individual .xml file.

    That being said all of the files do follow the same general mapping schema...so that may be of help with the problem.

    Jonathan

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Anonymous
    2015-03-24T19:30:55+00:00

    Hello

    tasosK I have used the code that you wrote to successfully import hundreds of .xml files into excel with only one header for all of the files.  I have also now done the manipulations that I wanted to do to the files. Now I would like to export them back into their individual .xml files.  Is this possible?  I am assuming once I imported them I lost any identifiers that these are unique files.

    Is there a way to import a bunch of .xml files to excel, manipulate the files, and then successfully export them back out again as individual .xml files?

    Thanks,

    Jonathan

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments