How to import multiple xml file into excel

Anonymous
2012-09-13T00:07:12+00:00

I have a lot of xml files which need to be imported into single excel file. I can able to import one by one but cannot select all at a time to import.

Is it possible to do through batch process or any other process?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

66 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-09-14T06:42:05+00:00

    Working with excel 2016 this macro does not function. How can I import multiple xml files in excel & put the filename in an extra collumn?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-05-12T19:37:13+00:00

    Hi,

    I would suggest to write your question

    as new query, since this issue has been solved.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-05-12T17:52:34+00:00

    TasosK,

    This is an awesome string, I have learned a lot. 

    However, the code I really need is in a message that has been deleted.  I am looking for, "Import multiple XML into a single Excel sheet with a single header".  I believe you were the one who initially provided it and others report using it with great success, unfortunately I can't see the code.

    If you are able could you please repost that code??

    Thanks!!

    David

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-05-12T17:30:08+00:00

    JDubinsky

    You, and others, reference the code to "import hundreds of .xml files into excel with only one header" but the message that included the code has been deleted.

    Will you please re-share the code to do that?  I've got everything figured out except being able to limit all of the xml files to one single header once in Excel.

    Thanks in advance!!

    David

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments