ccento,
Several reasons for this... Could be the Excel spreadsheet has too many
columns, could be there is some corruption in the Excel spreadsheet, could
be the way Access is translating your columns in Excel, could be there are
calculated fields in Excel that Access can't translate for what ever reason.
So going to need a wee bit more information...
- How many columns is the spreadsheet?
- Do you have any calculated columns?
- Have you looked at the spreadsheet to confirm there are no errors on the
sheet?
- Just on a whim here, do you column headings use any Reserved Words (or
Wildcard Characters) that might confuse Access?
http://allenbrowne.com/AppIssueBadWord.html
- Have you tried it manually? (You know, File... Import...)
--
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
"ccento" wrote in message news:2959259c-5035-4838-b8cd-29a22e19e567...
I have been importing Excel files for years. I recently upgraded to Access
2007 on a shared server (Windows Server 2003 R2, Service Pack 2) and now I
can't import. Every time I get "Subscript out of Range" when I use the
Import Wizard. The file is correct with the correct field names and data. I
have tried importing into different tables and always get this error. I can
try an .xls or an .xlsx file and neither work.
I have to paste the records in.
Help!
-- Gina Whipp 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access) Please post all replies to the forum where everyone can benefit.