My blank document has grid lines. How do I remove them?

Anonymous
2011-01-25T21:49:14+00:00

My blank document has grid lines. How do I remove the grid lines?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-06-12T01:32:46+00:00

Select the Page Layout menu option.  All the way to the right you'll see "Align"  The "View Gridlines" setting is in there.  This was driving me batty for a while.

Was this answer helpful?

400+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-05-11T17:52:34+00:00

In Microsoft Office Starter 2010:


"Page Layout" Tab >

"Align" Button is on the far, top, right hand side >

Drop-Down Menu - Uncheck "View Gridlines" - Second option from the bottom >

Done.

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2012-02-08T23:02:52+00:00

    I love you! I felt tons of weight come off my shoulders when I clicked that button.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-05-07T02:04:33+00:00

    THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-09-28T23:58:55+00:00

    Omgsh, it worked!!! I've been stuck with these silly gridlines for over a year. I knew there was a way to turn it off, especially because somehow ... I had unknowingly turned it on. Thank you soooo much for sharing!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments