My blank document has grid lines. How do I remove them?

Anonymous
2011-01-25T21:49:14+00:00

My blank document has grid lines. How do I remove the grid lines?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-06-12T01:32:46+00:00

Select the Page Layout menu option.  All the way to the right you'll see "Align"  The "View Gridlines" setting is in there.  This was driving me batty for a while.

Was this answer helpful?

400+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-05-11T17:52:34+00:00

In Microsoft Office Starter 2010:


"Page Layout" Tab >

"Align" Button is on the far, top, right hand side >

Drop-Down Menu - Uncheck "View Gridlines" - Second option from the bottom >

Done.

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-03-21T17:09:41+00:00

    This was driving me batty also!!  Info was VERY helpful.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-03-21T16:26:11+00:00

    Hey, I found it!   There is another 'View Gridlines'.  I was working on a header and I saw another Borders.  In DESIGN tab, click BORDERS and at the bottom is VIEW GRIDLINES to check or uncheck.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-03-21T16:14:21+00:00

    I've already tried View/gridlines before searching for an answer.  Does anyone have any other suggestions?  They're my Word templates and I use Office 2010 and 5 out of 10 have them and they came out of nowhere.  One day, just there.   (NOT lovin' Office 2010 nor Windows 7!!)

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments