Need hyperlinks index entries in word 2007

Anonymous
2010-01-30T14:25:46+00:00

Hi All,


I am trying to find a way to get the page numbers in a Word 2007 generated index to contain hyperlinks to the corresponding content in the document. So far I haven't been able to find a way to do this. 

Web searches seem to suggest this could be done with a macro, but that is beyond my skill level. I was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions, or knows of a pre-existing macro I could use to achieve this.


Thanks


Neil


Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-12-01T11:18:25+00:00

    If there is a programer out there, I would pay money for the macro. 

    Word Perfect has had this feature since 1987. 

    Adobe PDF has had it for at least 5 years.

    This is retarded. 

    There's a reason why that piece of software is called WordPerfect, while the program the majority of the world uses is simply called Word. ;-)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-05-03T12:34:03+00:00

    Six years have passed since the creation of this thread. Thirty three years have passed since MS Word was first released. I still have not found any solution.

    What if Microsoft started improving actual word processing functionality instead of the ability to insert films and fifty kinds of process graphs?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Stefan Blom 353.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2016-05-03T13:29:49+00:00

    You can post a suggestion for future versions of Word in the UserVoice forum at http://word.uservoice.com.

    At the moment, all you can do is look for third-party indexing software.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-06-25T15:44:34+00:00

    I couldn't quite believe this is still not possible either, however I took the time to vote

    https://word.uservoice.com/forums/304924-word-for-windows-desktop-application/suggestions/9388944-enable-hyperlinking-indexes

    Looks like only 3 of us did so it could probably use a few more before anyone even notices it

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2016-09-10T10:32:05+00:00

    absolutely no answer. Microsoft does never hear on any of those suggestions. Neither in development of windows nor in office. The thread is years old, anyone of MS will have read the point.

    I never had that problem since now, but everything goes digital, so word documents too - and so there is, very unexpectedly ;-) the necessarity for indexes as hyperlinks.

    The same old way in every software products: new features, new, new - for new customers but no look on the existing ones.

    Maybe it is the sight of a monopolist too.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments