Need hyperlinks index entries in word 2007

Anonymous
2010-01-30T14:25:46+00:00

Hi All,


I am trying to find a way to get the page numbers in a Word 2007 generated index to contain hyperlinks to the corresponding content in the document. So far I haven't been able to find a way to do this. 

Web searches seem to suggest this could be done with a macro, but that is beyond my skill level. I was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions, or knows of a pre-existing macro I could use to achieve this.


Thanks


Neil


Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2011-07-14T16:12:02+00:00

    That answer has already been supplied and discarded as totally unworkable. In index can have hundreds of entries.

    Basically, Word can't do it. But FrameMaker can. Get a clue, Microsoft.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2011-07-14T12:33:24+00:00

    I don't know how to hyperlink form a page number within a word index. However, you can hyperlink to a topic from the index to the corresponding topic within the word document. Simply create a "bookmark" linked to the topic/word within the document; then from the index, create a hyperlink to that bookmark. Depending on the size of your index, this can be very time consuming but it works.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2011-01-06T01:49:10+00:00

    If there is a programer out there, I would pay money for the macro. 

    Word Perfect has had this feature since 1987. 

    Adobe PDF has had it for at least 5 years.

    This is retarded.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2010-12-10T21:19:32+00:00

    In electronic documents, an index without hyperlinks is about as helpful as a screen-door on a submarine. I can't believe Microsoft would be so short-sighted as not not have these linked by default. I am using 2010 and am trying to find the same answer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more