A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
Could you please post a link to the hyperlinked index macro?
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi All,
I am trying to find a way to get the page numbers in a Word 2007 generated index to contain hyperlinks to the corresponding content in the document. So far I haven't been able to find a way to do this.
Web searches seem to suggest this could be done with a macro, but that is beyond my skill level. I was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions, or knows of a pre-existing macro I could use to achieve this.
Thanks
Neil
A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Could you please post a link to the hyperlinked index macro?
It's a possible explanation (remember that Word has been around for quite some time, from before online documents became common). And just to be clear, I have no influence over the Office development team.
Is that really the answer you are going with? That word is primarily for printed documents? WOW!
So is FrameMaker. For that matter, so is InDesign and Quark, and they also generate hyperlinked index entries. Anyone who says differently is unfamiliar with the subject.
You don't typically send a Word file to a professional printer to print a book, particularly if you are using colors, and heaven forbid you need to manipulate bleed areas.
Word is to help the amateur feel like a professional. The real professionals prefer other software.
Note that Word is primarily intended for printed documents.