Need hyperlinks index entries in word 2007

Anonymous
2010-01-30T14:25:46+00:00

Hi All,


I am trying to find a way to get the page numbers in a Word 2007 generated index to contain hyperlinks to the corresponding content in the document. So far I haven't been able to find a way to do this. 

Web searches seem to suggest this could be done with a macro, but that is beyond my skill level. I was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions, or knows of a pre-existing macro I could use to achieve this.


Thanks


Neil


Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Stefan Blom 353.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2016-05-03T13:29:49+00:00

    You can post a suggestion for future versions of Word in the UserVoice forum at http://word.uservoice.com.

    At the moment, all you can do is look for third-party indexing software.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-05-03T12:34:03+00:00

    Six years have passed since the creation of this thread. Thirty three years have passed since MS Word was first released. I still have not found any solution.

    What if Microsoft started improving actual word processing functionality instead of the ability to insert films and fifty kinds of process graphs?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-12-01T11:18:25+00:00

    If there is a programer out there, I would pay money for the macro. 

    Word Perfect has had this feature since 1987. 

    Adobe PDF has had it for at least 5 years.

    This is retarded. 

    There's a reason why that piece of software is called WordPerfect, while the program the majority of the world uses is simply called Word. ;-)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-03-30T07:14:53+00:00

    I'm using 2010 and never found an easy way to do it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-03-30T06:40:08+00:00

    I would like to be able to do this too. I found this thread on a search to see if it's possible.

    It really is an oversight on Microsoft's part.

    Just to grasp at straws: the OP was using Word 2007, as am I. Is there any chance that this was been changed in Word 2010? Or (gulp!) 2013?

    I can't imagine it would be difficult to implement, like the way they overhauled the Document Map for 2010.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments