Need hyperlinks index entries in word 2007

Anonymous
2010-01-30T14:25:46+00:00

Hi All,


I am trying to find a way to get the page numbers in a Word 2007 generated index to contain hyperlinks to the corresponding content in the document. So far I haven't been able to find a way to do this. 

Web searches seem to suggest this could be done with a macro, but that is beyond my skill level. I was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions, or knows of a pre-existing macro I could use to achieve this.


Thanks


Neil


Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Suzanne S Barnhill 279.4K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2016-12-16T00:03:54+00:00

    No, there is not.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-12-15T23:50:55+00:00

    I was able to create hyperlinks in the Index, but as soon as I updated the Index, the hyperlinks disappeared.  I'm using Word 2007.  Is there an updated process for adding hyperlinks to the index that will not disappear when the document is updated?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Stefan Blom 353.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2016-09-30T11:26:18+00:00

    The forum at http://word.uservoice.com/ is definitely monitored by Microsoft, so posting there wouldn't be a waste of time, if you really want Microsoft's attention. Of course, there is no guarantee that your specific suggestion will be implemented, but that applies to all suggestions made in the Uservoice forum.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Paul Edstein 82,871 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2016-09-30T04:21:12+00:00

    I don't want to waste my time. I doubt that Microsoft ever will touch the behavior of the index in Word. ... I guess that the C/C++ source code of the index implementation in Word is very old, no current developer understands it anymore

    Aren't you the one who said:

    It is hard to believe that Microsoft is not able to integrate this.

    Evidently you don't really care all that much about it, other than to vent your spleen...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2016-09-30T04:04:01+00:00

    I don't want to waste my time. I doubt that Microsoft ever will touch the behavior of the index in Word. I'm not talking about a current version, I am talking about all future versions until the end of Microsoft Word. I guess that the C/C++ source code of the index implementation in Word is very old, no current developer understands it anymore, no one is able to make changes and the result is that we will never have a hyperlinked index. Otherwise it would already be implemented since 15 years or longer! Microsoft customers endure now the same situation as IBM customers endure since 30 years...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments