"error in the Microsoft Word previewer"

Anonymous
2010-08-06T03:09:22+00:00

Is there a fix for this problem?

I have Office 2010 operating on Windows 7 64 bit

When I select File >> Open and click on a Word file (new format or 2003 format) the preview pane has a message as follows

"This file can't be previewed because of an error in the Microsoft Word previewer"

Even if I create a new document and save it, trying to see it in the File Open dialog box gives the same message

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-01-20T22:10:35+00:00

Take a look at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/983097 for workarounds.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2011-04-01T05:35:51+00:00

    I am having my college project work... for which i'm entirely dependent on my Word 2010.. but this **** previewer doesn't work permanently.. all of a sudden.! :-(((

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2011-04-01T05:34:07+00:00

    I have my college project work.. for which i am totally dependent on my Word 2010... but this **** previewer doesn't permanently work all of a sudden..!! :-((

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2011-03-08T18:23:09+00:00

    I am having this problem also. I have Windows 7, 64-bit, and Microsoft Office 2010. Any updates on this issue since Aug 2010?

    Sorry...clicked before finished. I meant "any REAL updates on this issue."  It looks like the "solutions" are still just work arounds.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2011-03-08T18:19:20+00:00

    I am having this problem also. I have Windows 7, 64-bit, and Microsoft Office 2010. Any updates on this issue since Aug 2010?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments