Excel won't open maximized

Anonymous
2010-06-25T12:40:51+00:00

Tried setting the starup icon properties to start maximised. Tried setting registry entry HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Excel\Options\Maximized to 0x00000003

All to no avail. I've sen the prob reported on lots fo other forums but it's always the solutions noted aboive that are suggested, and jsut as reported on those forums, they don't resolve the issue with Excel 2010.


sh

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-08-11T14:34:43+00:00

    I have found that whenever I opened an excel file, it never opened maximised no matter which method I chose to close it.

    So I went to the excel program shortcut on the start menu and changed the Normal window setting to Maximised. Now all my excel files open maximised.

    It seems program shortcuts and file shortcuts behave differently. I haven't figured this out yet, but I have got what I wanted.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-09-02T03:34:01+00:00

    Set HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Excel\Options\Maximized to 0x00000000. It worked for me. It worked after I reset the Registry Key till I Shut Down my computer. When I restarted it, the registry entry changed back to "0x00000003" and Excel opened Minimized.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-10-15T15:57:21+00:00

    I couldn't get it to work when holding Ctrl when closing - BUT, I did try this and it worked:  hold down Ctrl key when maximizing.  Good luck!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-11-28T13:40:52+00:00

    Grasping at straws here since I don't have 2010, but one thing that works in some applications is to:

    • open,
    • maximize,
    • then hold the Shift key down while clicking the close button.

    Works (usually) for IE (XP and Vista), and has worked for XL2007 on Vista for me

    Worked for me in Windows 10, Office 365

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-11-29T02:29:57+00:00

    zheka160,

    Thanks for your help. But it did not work on a password protected Excel document.

    Tim

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments