Excel won't open maximized

Anonymous
2010-06-25T12:40:51+00:00

Tried setting the starup icon properties to start maximised. Tried setting registry entry HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Excel\Options\Maximized to 0x00000003

All to no avail. I've sen the prob reported on lots fo other forums but it's always the solutions noted aboive that are suggested, and jsut as reported on those forums, they don't resolve the issue with Excel 2010.


sh

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-08-03T07:32:42+00:00

    Thank You.

    Yes, I tried the 3 steps & it worked for me.

    I am using XL2007in Vista.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-04-25T23:36:10+00:00

    Thanks for the suggestion. It too fails to fix matter. Seems to especially stubborn in Excel 2010. Apparently if you open a hidden personal file to load macros, you will never get a maximized Excel on startup in the 2010 version. Guess we wait for the SP1 and see what happens.


    sh

    I don't think  that is true.  I have Excel 2010 (64bit) running on a Windows 8 Pro (64bit) laptop.  I have verified that I have a Personal.xlsb workbook in my xlStart directory and that it opens when I  open Excel from the taskbar by alt-F11 and looking at some of the code in the VBA editor.  My Excel starts Maximized every time.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-04-17T00:08:22+00:00

    I don't know if this will work for others, but it solved the issue for me:

    Open an Excel file. Maximize the window. Holding down the Ctrl key, close the window. In my case, after doing this, all files now open maximized. For good measure, I also opened the program and closed it the same way. Whatever the case, it worked.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-11-08T21:22:49+00:00

    The way that I solved mine was:

    1. unhide the personal w/b
    2. maximize the personal w/b
    3. close the w/b (not Excel)
    4. click File>New>Blank
    5. hold both ALT+Shift
    6. close the w/b (not Excel)
    7. close Excel

    I don't know how and why or if there're steps can be ignore.

    But it worked for me! :D

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more