Excel won't open maximized

Anonymous
2010-06-25T12:40:51+00:00

Tried setting the starup icon properties to start maximised. Tried setting registry entry HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Excel\Options\Maximized to 0x00000003

All to no avail. I've sen the prob reported on lots fo other forums but it's always the solutions noted aboive that are suggested, and jsut as reported on those forums, they don't resolve the issue with Excel 2010.


sh

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-08-11T14:34:43+00:00

    I have found that whenever I opened an excel file, it never opened maximised no matter which method I chose to close it.

    So I went to the excel program shortcut on the start menu and changed the Normal window setting to Maximised. Now all my excel files open maximised.

    It seems program shortcuts and file shortcuts behave differently. I haven't figured this out yet, but I have got what I wanted.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-02-12T22:10:50+00:00

    It works! Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-09-05T19:47:47+00:00

    Here's my weird scenario.  I have 2 PCs on my desk at work.  They both load the same exact personal file (which is an Excel 97-style add-in).  It is password protected (not sure if that matters), and since it's an add-in, I can't actually show the file in Excel (maybe possible, but I don't know how).  On my main desktop PC, Excel opens maximized all the time.  On my secondary PC, which is a laptop, Excel NEVER opens up maximized.  Excel will remember the window placement if I move it, but not if I just maximize it.  And it does not auto-maximize if I make the window as big as the screen.  So as an add-on question to the OP's question, why would my 2 PCs behave differently in this case?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-02-12T01:12:23+00:00

    In Win7, this worked for me.

    The path I found to delete the files in XLSTART was: C:\Users*USERNAME*\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART

    Make sure you close Excel first and then you can delete the files in there (I only had one file in there).

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more