Access 2010 can't find wizard to link table to MS Outlook

Anonymous
2010-11-01T00:41:16+00:00

I am using Access 2010 for the first time (I have an exsiting 2007 database).  I am attempting to create a linked table to the Contacts folder in my outlook file (not to the address book).  When doing so I get the following message:

Microsoft Access can't find the wizard.  This wizard has not been installed, or there is an incorrect setting in the Windows Registry or this wizard has been disabled.   To reenable this wizard, click the File Tab and click Access Options.  Click Add-ins, and then the manage list, click Disable Items, and then click Go.  Rerun Microsoft Access or Microsoft Office Setup program to reinstall the wizards.  If the missing wizard is not a Microsoft Access wizard, reinstall it using the Add in manager.

There is nothing disabled in my Add-ins list and I attempted to "Repair" the MS office install to no avail.  This should be a standard access wizard that comes installed.  Anyone have any ideas what the wizard or addin is and where it is located.  This is a Dell PC with MS Office Pro pre-installed.  Thanks

Microsoft 365 and Office | Access | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2010-11-06T19:16:59+00:00

    As an addendum to my prior post, I determined that the solution was even simpler.  The issue is not the name of the underlying datafile "outlook.pst".  The error is caused by the name assigned to the datafile by Outlook.  When you add a datafile in Outlook by going to File>Info>Account Settings then clicking on the Datafiles tab, Outlook has a "Name" property for each datafile.  This property is defaulted to the name of the pst file.  (e.g. if your pst file is called "outlook.pst", then the Name property is defaulted to "outlook".  This is what is causing the bug.  You do not need to change the name of your underlying pst file.  All you need to do is highlight the datafile, click settings, change the Name property to be something other than "outlook" (I used "My Outlook Datafile") and then when you go back into Access and select the contacts when linking the table you should get no error.  Any Microsoft sales rep who wants to contact me about my free copy of Office can simply post their contact info to this thread.  Tell Bill I said hi.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2010-11-23T00:23:04+00:00

    I don't think that is the correct solution because I already have a pst file that isn't 'outlook.pst' and I still have that problem. Its definately a bug

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2010-12-14T12:55:18+00:00

    Changing the name property works like a champ, thank you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  5. Anonymous
    2010-12-20T01:08:04+00:00

    I've tried all the solutions in this thread...none work.  Does anyone have a solution?  I'm about to revert back to Office 2007 - this is very frustrating.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments