Access 2010 can't find wizard to link table to MS Outlook

Anonymous
2010-11-01T00:41:16+00:00

I am using Access 2010 for the first time (I have an exsiting 2007 database).  I am attempting to create a linked table to the Contacts folder in my outlook file (not to the address book).  When doing so I get the following message:

Microsoft Access can't find the wizard.  This wizard has not been installed, or there is an incorrect setting in the Windows Registry or this wizard has been disabled.   To reenable this wizard, click the File Tab and click Access Options.  Click Add-ins, and then the manage list, click Disable Items, and then click Go.  Rerun Microsoft Access or Microsoft Office Setup program to reinstall the wizards.  If the missing wizard is not a Microsoft Access wizard, reinstall it using the Add in manager.

There is nothing disabled in my Add-ins list and I attempted to "Repair" the MS office install to no avail.  This should be a standard access wizard that comes installed.  Anyone have any ideas what the wizard or addin is and where it is located.  This is a Dell PC with MS Office Pro pre-installed.  Thanks

Microsoft 365 and Office | Access | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2011-02-06T23:02:00+00:00

    Hi - I'm using Office 2010, Windows Vista and have the same problem linking to outlook files. I am able to link to a text file just fine. I tried all the suggestions above, the only one that worked is to rename my .pst file to "My Outlook Data File.pst" as suggested above. Now it is working. Sad but true. Thanks for the suggestion!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2011-01-11T21:22:08+00:00

    I don't know how many of you this will help, but it turned out I only received the error if I tried to import from a pst file. If I tried it from the exchange server it didn't give me the error.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2011-01-11T18:14:05+00:00

    That solution didn't work either. The question is about Access 2010, although I tried the 2007 fix anyway. Thanks for the suggestion though FurBear.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2011-01-11T18:12:25+00:00

    "Good luck everyone."

    It seems we reached this point....

    I tried all the solutions and the only that work for me was to rename it... (office 2010 x32 on Win7 x64). It appears that all your PST must be called "My Outlook Datafile"...other that that doesn't work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2010-12-24T06:08:50+00:00

    I received this solution from Aaron Hafele, in Microsoft Tech Support.  This did the trick, and the Outlook Data wizard is now working in Access.

    1.       Check that the following directory is located in your trusted locations:  “C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12\ACCWIZ\”.  The folder will be named “Program Files” if there is not a “Program Files (x86)” folder.  You can see this setting under Access Options | Trust Center | Trust Center Settings | Trusted Locations.

    2.       Verify that wizards are not disabled according to the following KB article:

    924738  Error message when you try to open a wizard in Access 2007: "This feature isn’t installed, or has been disabled"

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;924738

    3.       Rename the wizard folder and repair Access.  The wizard folder is the one specified in item #1.  Simply rename it from ACCWIZ to ACCWIZold and then launch the Office 2007 repair process.  This can be done from within Add/Remove programs.

    Good luck everyone.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments