Access 2010 can't find wizard to link table to MS Outlook

Anonymous
2010-11-01T00:41:16+00:00

I am using Access 2010 for the first time (I have an exsiting 2007 database).  I am attempting to create a linked table to the Contacts folder in my outlook file (not to the address book).  When doing so I get the following message:

Microsoft Access can't find the wizard.  This wizard has not been installed, or there is an incorrect setting in the Windows Registry or this wizard has been disabled.   To reenable this wizard, click the File Tab and click Access Options.  Click Add-ins, and then the manage list, click Disable Items, and then click Go.  Rerun Microsoft Access or Microsoft Office Setup program to reinstall the wizards.  If the missing wizard is not a Microsoft Access wizard, reinstall it using the Add in manager.

There is nothing disabled in my Add-ins list and I attempted to "Repair" the MS office install to no avail.  This should be a standard access wizard that comes installed.  Anyone have any ideas what the wizard or addin is and where it is located.  This is a Dell PC with MS Office Pro pre-installed.  Thanks

Microsoft 365 and Office | Access | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2011-10-19T14:33:44+00:00

    Thanks you.  It has worked.  I now have Access Table linked to Outlook Contacts.  I do not have knowledge even to understand that the problems was in the "name".  Thanks again.  Pushpasis

    PS.  Problem of reinstalling Office 2010 is still there.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2011-10-19T10:13:50+00:00

    I am using Access 2010 for the first time (I have an exsiting 2007 database).  I am attempting to create a linked table to the Contacts folder in my outlook file (not to the address book).  When doing so I get the following message:

    Microsoft Access can't find the wizard.  This wizard has not been installed, or there is an incorrect setting in the Windows Registry or this wizard has been disabled.   To reenable this wizard, click the File Tab and click Access Options.  Click Add-ins, and then the manage list, click Disable Items, and then click Go.  Rerun Microsoft Access or Microsoft Office Setup program to reinstall the wizards.  If the missing wizard is not a Microsoft Access wizard, reinstall it using the Add in manager.

    There is nothing disabled in my Add-ins list and I attempted to "Repair" the MS office install to no avail.  This should be a standard access wizard that comes installed.  Anyone have any ideas what the wizard or addin is and where it is located.  This is a Dell PC with MS Office Pro pre-installed.  Thanks

     

    The .pst Name property should have atleast 16 characters.

    In Data Files, select the pst file - settings - and change the Name: to atleast 16 characters.

    It works, somehow there is some kind of MS mind behind it.

    Chill

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2011-08-04T07:39:46+00:00

    Dear Jeanette,

    The kb article says:

    "This issue does not occur on machines on which Microsoft Office Access 2010 (32-bit) is installed."

    I have this issue on a laptop with W7 32bit and Office 2010 32bit.

    Access version number: 14.0.5128.5000

    Regards,

    vm

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2011-07-28T16:16:16+00:00

    I still have the problem after following the instructions given at that link. Also it says this problem is only with Access 64 bit but I have the problem on my 32 bit.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2011-07-28T00:51:54+00:00

    Here are links for wizard related problems in A2010 after SP1.

    You all probably know this but KB2581301 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2581301) was published today. The article addresses the built in wizards error users receive after installing Microsoft Office 2010 SP1. Additionally a sticky was created on the MSAnswers site this morning with this content:

    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2010-access/access-2010-sp1-you-receive-an-error-in-microsoft/6a8c004c-4541-4404-a689-3737f9a83320.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments