A family of Microsoft relational database management systems designed for ease of use.
I urge anyone coming across this thread post March 2016 to look at:
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I am using Access 2010 for the first time (I have an exsiting 2007 database). I am attempting to create a linked table to the Contacts folder in my outlook file (not to the address book). When doing so I get the following message:
Microsoft Access can't find the wizard. This wizard has not been installed, or there is an incorrect setting in the Windows Registry or this wizard has been disabled. To reenable this wizard, click the File Tab and click Access Options. Click Add-ins, and then the manage list, click Disable Items, and then click Go. Rerun Microsoft Access or Microsoft Office Setup program to reinstall the wizards. If the missing wizard is not a Microsoft Access wizard, reinstall it using the Add in manager.
There is nothing disabled in my Add-ins list and I attempted to "Repair" the MS office install to no avail. This should be a standard access wizard that comes installed. Anyone have any ideas what the wizard or addin is and where it is located. This is a Dell PC with MS Office Pro pre-installed. Thanks
A family of Microsoft relational database management systems designed for ease of use.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I urge anyone coming across this thread post March 2016 to look at:
"Good luck everyone."
It seems we reached this point....
I tried all the solutions and the only that work for me was to rename it... (office 2010 x32 on Win7 x64). It appears that all your PST must be called "My Outlook Datafile"...other that that doesn't work.
Five years, two generations later, with Access 2016, the problem still seems to be there, and this still seems to be the solution. I want to say I can't believe how stupid this is, but after everything I've seen, I can totally believe...
Anyhow, thanks to you and everyone else who seem to have posted for five pages here, for this solution.
Here is what i discovered.
a) First make sure the name of the pst is something like ******@company.com. Example ******@abc.com. It does not matter if abc.com is a real company or not.
b) Then in outlook click on File -> Account Settings -> Data Files
c) You will probably see two data files one that is on the server and the other which is the archive mailbox. Click on the mailbox that you want to connect to using access and then click "set as default". What this does is makes your archive mailbox the default one.
d) Close outlook and access and reopen Access. Try to link to the table in the archive mailbox as usual and it should work.
Regards,
Anand
I tried http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2581301
Fist of all, I downloaded the fixit, that didn't work.
I did the manual process. My interest in importing from Access instead of exporting from Outlook is based on the fact that I want to have an access database with categories, since this is the way that I segment my contacts.
When I began to use 2007, I had the same problem, after the release of SP1and the MS Access team was not aware of it and I collaborated with one of the team leaders to fix the problem.
That was one of the reasons that took me so long to update the software
I did the manual process and did the import with a small contacts file and it worked but it didn't import the categories. I was very disappointed.
I closed the file and tried to repeat it with the relevant contacts folder. Then, surprise!!!
The error has reappeared and the wizard doesn't work anymore.
How come MS does the same mistakes once and again????
Plainly: I want to build a database based on my contacts and segment them by categories and I need a solution. ( Excel doesn't import/export categories, either in 2007 or 2010)
After researching the internet, I discovered how to use VBA in MS Access 2007 to create a link to an Outlook Inbox. So when I am again faced with an opportunity to try Office 2010, then I will try the VBA approach rather than just use a wizard.