Access 2010 can't find wizard to link table to MS Outlook

Anonymous
2010-11-01T00:41:16+00:00

I am using Access 2010 for the first time (I have an exsiting 2007 database).  I am attempting to create a linked table to the Contacts folder in my outlook file (not to the address book).  When doing so I get the following message:

Microsoft Access can't find the wizard.  This wizard has not been installed, or there is an incorrect setting in the Windows Registry or this wizard has been disabled.   To reenable this wizard, click the File Tab and click Access Options.  Click Add-ins, and then the manage list, click Disable Items, and then click Go.  Rerun Microsoft Access or Microsoft Office Setup program to reinstall the wizards.  If the missing wizard is not a Microsoft Access wizard, reinstall it using the Add in manager.

There is nothing disabled in my Add-ins list and I attempted to "Repair" the MS office install to no avail.  This should be a standard access wizard that comes installed.  Anyone have any ideas what the wizard or addin is and where it is located.  This is a Dell PC with MS Office Pro pre-installed.  Thanks

Microsoft 365 and Office | Access | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2011-07-28T16:16:16+00:00

    I still have the problem after following the instructions given at that link. Also it says this problem is only with Access 64 bit but I have the problem on my 32 bit.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2011-07-28T00:51:54+00:00

    Here are links for wizard related problems in A2010 after SP1.

    You all probably know this but KB2581301 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2581301) was published today. The article addresses the built in wizards error users receive after installing Microsoft Office 2010 SP1. Additionally a sticky was created on the MSAnswers site this morning with this content:

    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2010-access/access-2010-sp1-you-receive-an-error-in-microsoft/6a8c004c-4541-4404-a689-3737f9a83320.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2011-07-27T15:11:12+00:00

    My issue is a little different, as I do not want to link neither my mailbox, nor any folder from my pst file. We have a group mailbox, that receives reports from customers and I had to create a report showing the arrival / miss of these e-mails.

    The solution that finally worked for me:

    I created a new e-mail profile for that account

    Set Outlook to "Prompt for a profile to be used"

    When set up the link in Access, I selected the new profile and it worked.

    Hope this helps someone.

    vm

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2011-07-27T14:00:57+00:00

    Hello everyone...

    I also had the issue, on win7 64 bit and office 2010 professional plus 64 bit; none of the access wizards would run.  I tried every step folks mentioned in this and other threads:  deleting the VB7 folder, deleting the ACCWiz folder, making sure the ACCWiz folder was trusted, searching the registry for bad references, etc.  Nothin worked.

    On a whim, I opened the ACCWiz folder, and doubleclicked the ACWZMAIN.ACCDE file, to see what happened.  Access opened, and I got a message that the feature was not installed and would I install it now.  I responded yes, and let it run, then closed Access and then reopened it and was able to run the import wizards successfully.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2011-07-27T02:00:03+00:00

    "Good luck everyone."

    It seems we reached this point....

    I tried all the solutions and the only that work for me was to rename it... (office 2010 x32 on Win7 x64). It appears that all your PST must be called "My Outlook Datafile"...other that that doesn't work.

    The only steps I took to resolve this issue was first, add the folder that contains the pst file to the Trusted Locations, then rename the pst file to "My Outlook Datafile". When importing the datafile to Outlook you can change the archive name (not file name) to your preference. Then go to Access and import with ease.   (Win7 x86 & x64 Office2010 x86)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments