Access 2010 can't find wizard to link table to MS Outlook

Anonymous
2010-11-01T00:41:16+00:00

I am using Access 2010 for the first time (I have an exsiting 2007 database).  I am attempting to create a linked table to the Contacts folder in my outlook file (not to the address book).  When doing so I get the following message:

Microsoft Access can't find the wizard.  This wizard has not been installed, or there is an incorrect setting in the Windows Registry or this wizard has been disabled.   To reenable this wizard, click the File Tab and click Access Options.  Click Add-ins, and then the manage list, click Disable Items, and then click Go.  Rerun Microsoft Access or Microsoft Office Setup program to reinstall the wizards.  If the missing wizard is not a Microsoft Access wizard, reinstall it using the Add in manager.

There is nothing disabled in my Add-ins list and I attempted to "Repair" the MS office install to no avail.  This should be a standard access wizard that comes installed.  Anyone have any ideas what the wizard or addin is and where it is located.  This is a Dell PC with MS Office Pro pre-installed.  Thanks

Microsoft 365 and Office | Access | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2010-12-24T06:08:50+00:00

    I received this solution from Aaron Hafele, in Microsoft Tech Support.  This did the trick, and the Outlook Data wizard is now working in Access.

    1.       Check that the following directory is located in your trusted locations:  “C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12\ACCWIZ\”.  The folder will be named “Program Files” if there is not a “Program Files (x86)” folder.  You can see this setting under Access Options | Trust Center | Trust Center Settings | Trusted Locations.

    2.       Verify that wizards are not disabled according to the following KB article:

    924738  Error message when you try to open a wizard in Access 2007: "This feature isn’t installed, or has been disabled"

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;924738

    3.       Rename the wizard folder and repair Access.  The wizard folder is the one specified in item #1.  Simply rename it from ACCWIZ to ACCWIZold and then launch the Office 2007 repair process.  This can be done from within Add/Remove programs.

    Good luck everyone.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2010-12-20T01:08:04+00:00

    I've tried all the solutions in this thread...none work.  Does anyone have a solution?  I'm about to revert back to Office 2007 - this is very frustrating.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Anonymous
    2010-12-14T12:55:18+00:00

    Changing the name property works like a champ, thank you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2010-11-06T19:00:31+00:00

    Wow.  To all of those reading this thread I think I figured out the bug.  Microsoft should send me a free copy of Office for being able to figure this out.  It appears that there is a bug in the link wizard if the name of your outlook datafile is "outlook.pst".  After jerking around for several hours thinking that maybe this was an issue with an old .pst compatibility format or needing to add the outlook file location as a trusted location, the solution turned out to be that if I change the name of my outlook file from "outlook.pst" to "My Outlook Datafile.pst" the wizard did not error and successfully linked to the contacts table and all of my existing access queries functioned properly.  This would be funny if I hadn't just wasted 4 days trying to figure it out.  I recommend that any others experiencing this issue and having it be resolved by my suggestion above post to this thread so that MS fixes this bug.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments