Can I calculate 30 calendar days from a given date, excluding holidays that I specify?

Anonymous
2010-06-04T20:34:51+00:00

I'm looking for something similar to the WORKDAY function, except I want it to return dates that include weekends (but not holidays that I specify).

Thanks for your advice!

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2010-06-06T02:35:53+00:00

    On Sun, 6 Jun 2010 01:01:14 +0000, Mike H.. wrote:

    >

    >

    >If I haven't got it this time I'm giving up and I'm going to bed. Try this ARRAY formula, see below on how to enter an array formula

    >

    >=A1+((A1+30)-A1+SUM((Holidays>=A1)*(Holidays<=A1+30)))

    >

    >Where a1 = the start date and formula cell formatted as date and holidays = named range of holidays

    >

    >

    >

    >This is an array formula which must be entered by pressing CTRL+Shift+Enter

    >and not just Enter. If you do it correctly then Excel will put curly brackets

    >around the formula {}. You can't type these yourself. If you edit the formula

    >you must enter it again with CTRL+Shift+Enter.

    >If this post answers your question, please mark it as the Answer.

    Sorry Mike,

    A1: 3 Jun 2010

    Holidays

    3 Jul 2010

    4 Jul 2010

    Your formula --> 4 Jul 2010

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2010-06-06T08:46:44+00:00

    grrrr,

    Thanks Ron, yes your correct it can cope with 1 holiday as the last day but not two as the last two days!!


    If this post answers your question, please mark it as the Answer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2010-06-06T11:37:21+00:00

    Joining the fun, another array formula

    =start_date+SIGN(days)*SMALL(IF((WEEKDAY(start_date+SIGN(d ays)*(ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&ABS(days)*10))))={1,2,3,4,5,6,7})*

    ISNA( MATCH(start_date+SIGN(days)*(ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&ABS(days)*10))),Holida ys,0)),ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&ABS(days)*10))),ABS(days))

    days is the number of days to project forward.

    --

    HTH

    Bob

    <kaylith> wrote in message news:*** Email address is removed for privacy *** .com...

    I'm looking for something similar to the WORKDAY function, except I want it to return dates that include weekends (but not holidays that I specify).

     

    Thanks for your advice!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2010-06-06T12:12:53+00:00

    Joining the fun, another array form

    No not joining in the fun, "spoiling it" by solving the problem!!

    Very nice indeed


    If this post answers your question, please mark it as the Answer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2010-06-06T12:29:28+00:00

    Chapeau à lui !!!


    Micky (Microsoft® MVP - Excel)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments