Can I calculate 30 calendar days from a given date, excluding holidays that I specify?

Anonymous
2010-06-04T20:34:51+00:00

I'm looking for something similar to the WORKDAY function, except I want it to return dates that include weekends (but not holidays that I specify).

Thanks for your advice!

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Anonymous
    2010-06-04T21:10:42+00:00

    Use the NETWORKDAYS function. This is part of the Analysis Tool Pack, so you need that add-in loaded. Go to the Tools menu, choose Add-Ins, and the "Analysis Tool Pack" in the list. The syntax of NETWORKDAYS is

    =NETWORKDAYS(StartDate,EndDate,Holidays)

    where StartDate is the first date and EndDate is the last date. Holidays is an optional range of dates that contains the holidays to skip. The result is the number of days (Monday - Friday only) less any dates in Holidays between the two dates.

     


    Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP, Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com

    But didn't the OP say that they wanted to include weekends?

    David Biddulph


    David Biddulph

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2010-06-04T21:09:36+00:00

    I need to include weekends.

    Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2010-06-04T21:03:17+00:00

    Use the NETWORKDAYS function. This is part of the Analysis Tool Pack, so you need that add-in loaded. Go to the Tools menu, choose Add-Ins, and the "Analysis Tool Pack" in the list. The syntax of NETWORKDAYS is

    =NETWORKDAYS(StartDate,EndDate,Holidays)

    where StartDate is the first date and EndDate is the last date. Holidays is an optional range of dates that contains the holidays to skip. The result is the number of days (Monday - Friday only) less any dates in Holidays between the two dates.


    Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP, Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments