OneNote opens every time I use Remote Desktop Connection

Anonymous
2010-10-03T21:39:41+00:00

Original Title: MAJOR BUG REPORTED IN BETA VERSION OF ONENOTE STILL EXISTS!

This bug is so irritating that after I reported it I had to remove OneNote. Perhaps there is something wrong with my system but whenever I make a Remote Desktop Connection OneNote pops up. Am I the only user who is having this problem? How do I prevent this from occurring WITHOUT removing OneNote?


Programmer for Visual C++ 6.0, and Microsoft Office including Access

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneNote | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-07-11T09:31:36+00:00

Original Title: MAJOR BUG REPORTED IN BETA VERSION OF ONENOTE STILL EXISTS!

This bug is so irritating that after I reported it I had to remove OneNote. Perhaps there is something wrong with my system but whenever I make a Remote Desktop Connection OneNote pops up. Am I the only user who is having this problem? How do I prevent this from occurring WITHOUT removing OneNote?

 


Programmer for Visual C++ 6.0, and Microsoft Office including Access

Workaround


  1. Open remote desktop (mstsc)
  2. click Option
  3. click local resource tab
  4. Uncheck "Printer (T)" under "local device and printer section"

then try now...

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2011-01-02T20:29:59+00:00

    I had a three-hour long conversation with a Microsoft technician on Wednesday. (After posting a message on several Facebook sites recommending that they take my latest email seriously.) I cannot in good conscience reveal what my last email said: However this bug was mentioned. I was informed that they (Microsoft) will be calling me back on Monday. It would help, though, if more registered users of Office 2010 would complain to Microsoft.


    Programmer for Visual C++ 6.0, and Microsoft Office including Access

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2011-01-02T21:13:47+00:00

    How to Contact Microsoft Support:

    Go to: http://Answers.Microsoft.com/EN-US/default.aspx

    Under the Heading 'Microsoft Office' Click: 'More Office Products'

    Along the Right Edge of the Website Under the Heading 'Need more help?' Click: 'Office 2010'

    You will then need to select the Office Suite you own, or 'OneNote 2010' if you purchased OneNote as a stand-alone product.

    Next you will need to enter your 'Product ID'.

    NOTE: Your 'Product ID' is not the same as your 'Product Key'.

    To locate your 'Product ID' open an Office Application and Click: File Help

    Be aware that the support staff will try their best to avoid you. Furthermore I have had them crash my system on several occasions.

    After every support call you will receive an email. Reply to this email! Tell Microsoft what you think about the support you received.

    (I had one technician ask me to give him a 10 out of 10 rating! I did not do this.)

    Describe your conversation. Do not just send a rating number.

    Keep on calling over and over!


    Programmer for Visual C++ 6.0, and Microsoft Office including Access

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2011-01-29T17:00:28+00:00

    Microsoft has informed me that the 43 bugs I have encountered in Office 2010 will not be fixed. This bug is one of them.


    Programmer for Visual C++ 6.0, and Microsoft Office including Access

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2011-01-29T17:05:50+00:00

    Is OneNote set as you default print driver on your local machine or the remote machine?

    If so, try setting the default to a physical printer. Do you get an empty printed page when you RDC now instead of OneNote starting?


    Benoit Barabe, OneNote Development Manager.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments