OneNote opens every time I use Remote Desktop Connection

Anonymous
2010-10-03T21:39:41+00:00

Original Title: MAJOR BUG REPORTED IN BETA VERSION OF ONENOTE STILL EXISTS!

This bug is so irritating that after I reported it I had to remove OneNote. Perhaps there is something wrong with my system but whenever I make a Remote Desktop Connection OneNote pops up. Am I the only user who is having this problem? How do I prevent this from occurring WITHOUT removing OneNote?


Programmer for Visual C++ 6.0, and Microsoft Office including Access

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneNote | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-07-11T09:31:36+00:00

Original Title: MAJOR BUG REPORTED IN BETA VERSION OF ONENOTE STILL EXISTS!

This bug is so irritating that after I reported it I had to remove OneNote. Perhaps there is something wrong with my system but whenever I make a Remote Desktop Connection OneNote pops up. Am I the only user who is having this problem? How do I prevent this from occurring WITHOUT removing OneNote?

 


Programmer for Visual C++ 6.0, and Microsoft Office including Access

Workaround


  1. Open remote desktop (mstsc)
  2. click Option
  3. click local resource tab
  4. Uncheck "Printer (T)" under "local device and printer section"

then try now...

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2010-10-16T03:22:19+00:00

    I attempted to establish a remote connection without sharing the clipboard. OneNote still popped up.


    Programmer for Visual C++ 6.0, and Microsoft Office including Access

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2010-10-16T19:48:16+00:00

    Since my Kensington Mouse was not working, I removed its driver. Once I did this the Remote Desktop worked when I did not share the clipboard. Therefore I agree that sharing the clipboard causes OneNote to pop-up. How do we get this fixed?


    Programmer for Visual C++ 6.0, and Microsoft Office including Access

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2010-10-26T17:13:27+00:00

    Yesterday I spent several hours (8:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.) with a Microsoft Office Specialist in order to determine why OneNote 2010 pops-up and locks when a Remote Desktop Connection is successfully established. In the end it was determined that even though the liklihood of this occurring is less when the local clipboard is not shared with the remote server, not sharing the local clipboard with the remote server DOES NOT GUARANTEE that OneNote 2010 will not pop-up and lock when a Remote Desktop Connection is successfully established. It was furthermore established that this is due to a BUG IN WINDOWS 7. The Windows 7 Team has been informed of this bug.


    Programmer for Visual C++ 6.0, and Microsoft Office including Access

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2010-12-29T19:05:59+00:00

    Anyone know when Microsoft is going to fix this.  It is really bothersome.  OneNote opens every time I user RDC.  I can at least close it.  I want to use the local clipboard so do not want to close it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments