OneNote opens every time I use Remote Desktop Connection

Anonymous
2010-10-03T21:39:41+00:00

Original Title: MAJOR BUG REPORTED IN BETA VERSION OF ONENOTE STILL EXISTS!

This bug is so irritating that after I reported it I had to remove OneNote. Perhaps there is something wrong with my system but whenever I make a Remote Desktop Connection OneNote pops up. Am I the only user who is having this problem? How do I prevent this from occurring WITHOUT removing OneNote?


Programmer for Visual C++ 6.0, and Microsoft Office including Access

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneNote | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-07-11T09:31:36+00:00

Original Title: MAJOR BUG REPORTED IN BETA VERSION OF ONENOTE STILL EXISTS!

This bug is so irritating that after I reported it I had to remove OneNote. Perhaps there is something wrong with my system but whenever I make a Remote Desktop Connection OneNote pops up. Am I the only user who is having this problem? How do I prevent this from occurring WITHOUT removing OneNote?

 


Programmer for Visual C++ 6.0, and Microsoft Office including Access

Workaround


  1. Open remote desktop (mstsc)
  2. click Option
  3. click local resource tab
  4. Uncheck "Printer (T)" under "local device and printer section"

then try now...

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2010-10-12T01:41:12+00:00

    I should add that I'm experiencing the exact same issue - OneNote launching with my Windows 7 RDC session. Once I disabled the clipboard local resource in my RDC configuration, OneNote stopped loading.

    That's not a solution, as I have need to use clipboard in my RDC sessons.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2010-10-13T00:43:20+00:00

    When I finish on the server I log off. The server is running Windows XP Professional. It is also running Sala's Terminal Software.

    I have just used TeamViewer's latest remote access software in order to connect to the same server. When I connect using TeamViewer's software OneNote does not launch.


    Programmer for Visual C++ 6.0, and Microsoft Office including Access

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2010-10-13T04:10:55+00:00

    Hmmm...sounds like it may be a bug between Sala's and RDC client.  Perhaps a Windows + SHIFT + N is being transmitted somehow in the exchange which is causing OneNote to launch?


    -B-

    http://www.officeforlawyers.com | http://www.onenote-tips.com

    Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2010-10-14T19:50:24+00:00

    This would not explain my inabilities to both use and close OneNote during the remote session. Furthermore, if Sala's software is sending the <WinKey>-<Shift>-<N> then why does OneNote not pop-up when I use TeamViewer's software?


    Programmer for Visual C++ 6.0, and Microsoft Office including Access

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments