OneNote opens every time I use Remote Desktop Connection

Anonymous
2010-10-03T21:39:41+00:00

Original Title: MAJOR BUG REPORTED IN BETA VERSION OF ONENOTE STILL EXISTS!

This bug is so irritating that after I reported it I had to remove OneNote. Perhaps there is something wrong with my system but whenever I make a Remote Desktop Connection OneNote pops up. Am I the only user who is having this problem? How do I prevent this from occurring WITHOUT removing OneNote?


Programmer for Visual C++ 6.0, and Microsoft Office including Access

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneNote | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-07-11T09:31:36+00:00

Original Title: MAJOR BUG REPORTED IN BETA VERSION OF ONENOTE STILL EXISTS!

This bug is so irritating that after I reported it I had to remove OneNote. Perhaps there is something wrong with my system but whenever I make a Remote Desktop Connection OneNote pops up. Am I the only user who is having this problem? How do I prevent this from occurring WITHOUT removing OneNote?

 


Programmer for Visual C++ 6.0, and Microsoft Office including Access

Workaround


  1. Open remote desktop (mstsc)
  2. click Option
  3. click local resource tab
  4. Uncheck "Printer (T)" under "local device and printer section"

then try now...

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2010-10-07T23:46:48+00:00

    Is OneNote starting in the remote session or in your local session?


    -B-

    http://www.officeforlawyers.com | http://www.onenote-tips.com

    Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2010-10-07T23:47:33+00:00

    Also...exactly what steps are you taking to start the RDC?  Starting it from a desktop shortcut?  The start menu?  A hot key?  Script?  Something else?


    -B-

    http://www.officeforlawyers.com | http://www.onenote-tips.com

    Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2010-10-08T02:23:15+00:00

    I do the following:

    1. Click: Start 'All Programs' Accessories 'Remote Desktop Connection'
    2. NOTE: The 'Remote Desktop Connection' Window Appears
    3. Click: Options
    4. NOTE: The 'Remote Desktop Connection' Window Expands Downward
    5. Click: 'Open...'
    6. Double-Click the Appropriate Remote Desktop Profile
    7. Click: Connect
    8. NOTE: The 'Remote Desktop Connection' Window Appears
    9. Click: Connect
    10. NOTE: The 'Remote Desktop Connection' Window Appears. The computer attempts to connect to the remote server.
    11. (a) NOTE: If the Computer Fails to Connect to the Remote Server a Second 'Remote Desktop Connection' Window Appears

              (1) Click: OK

              (2) NOTE: The Second 'Remote Desktop Connection' Window Vanishes. The Focus Returns to the Original 'Remote Desktop Connection' Window.

              (3) Close the Original 'Remote Desktop Connection' Window

              (4) NOTE: Focus is Returned to the Desktop

    1. (b) NOTE: If the Computer Succeeds to Connect to the Remote Server the Remote Server Requests the Login Credentials from the User at the Client Computer

              (1)(a) If the User Clicks 'Cancel' the Remote Server Vanishes. At this point the Focus Returns to the Original 'Remote Desktop Connection' Window.

                        1) Close the Original 'Remote Desktop Connection' Window

                        2) NOTE: Focus is Returned to the Desktop

              (1)(b) If the User Clicks 'OK' the Desktop of the Remote Server Appears

                        1) OneNote Appears on Top of the Desktop of the Remote Server

                        2) If the User at the Remote Computer Clicks the Desktop of the Remote Server then the Desktop of the Remote Server Covers OneNote

    If any more details are required then please feel free to ask.

    Thank you for showing an interest in my problem.


    Programmer for Visual C++ 6.0, and Microsoft Office including Access

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2010-10-08T03:49:28+00:00

    O.K., so OneNote is running in the remote session.  When you exit your remote session do you actually log off of the session or do you just close the session window?

    What sort of machine is the remote server?  Windows 7 workstation?  Server 2003?  Something else?


    -B-

    http://www.officeforlawyers.com | http://www.onenote-tips.com

    Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments