OneNote opens every time I use Remote Desktop Connection

Anonymous
2010-10-03T21:39:41+00:00

Original Title: MAJOR BUG REPORTED IN BETA VERSION OF ONENOTE STILL EXISTS!

This bug is so irritating that after I reported it I had to remove OneNote. Perhaps there is something wrong with my system but whenever I make a Remote Desktop Connection OneNote pops up. Am I the only user who is having this problem? How do I prevent this from occurring WITHOUT removing OneNote?


Programmer for Visual C++ 6.0, and Microsoft Office including Access

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneNote | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-07-11T09:31:36+00:00

Original Title: MAJOR BUG REPORTED IN BETA VERSION OF ONENOTE STILL EXISTS!

This bug is so irritating that after I reported it I had to remove OneNote. Perhaps there is something wrong with my system but whenever I make a Remote Desktop Connection OneNote pops up. Am I the only user who is having this problem? How do I prevent this from occurring WITHOUT removing OneNote?

 


Programmer for Visual C++ 6.0, and Microsoft Office including Access

Workaround


  1. Open remote desktop (mstsc)
  2. click Option
  3. click local resource tab
  4. Uncheck "Printer (T)" under "local device and printer section"

then try now...

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-09-26T10:08:22+00:00

    I have experienced this issue too. Having read through all responses, I recognised some similarities (HP, old printer drivers still installed). I uninstalled all old printer drivers and software. This seems to have solved the issue so far.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-12-11T16:13:54+00:00

    It works now! TXH! :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-03-21T14:55:12+00:00

    Unchecking the Local Printer option worked great as I have One Note start automatically on my system. I don't typically print locally anyway when I remote to another computer. Thanks for the info.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-01-15T03:34:42+00:00

    ----- SOLUTION -----

    Seeing the suggestion of disabling printers in your RDC connection got me to thinking and I believe I have the issue resolved.

    Caveat: This solution only works if you do not need or care about using the Send to OneNote printer option.

    Steps:

    1. Click <Start>, then <Devices and Printers>
    2. Locate the printer device called "Send to OneNote"
    3. Right mouse click on "Send to OneNote", then click "Remove Device"
    4. When prompted with "Are you sure you want to remove this device?", click [Yes].
    5. Launch your RDC client as normal, OneNote will no longer launch with your RDC client.

    Why:

    OneNote is launching with your RDC client due to the process of enumerating your printers. Until Microsoft implements a solution preventing the full launch during a printer enumeration process (which is the norm for print drivers), this issue will continue to appear.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments