OneNote opens every time I use Remote Desktop Connection

Anonymous
2010-10-03T21:39:41+00:00

Original Title: MAJOR BUG REPORTED IN BETA VERSION OF ONENOTE STILL EXISTS!

This bug is so irritating that after I reported it I had to remove OneNote. Perhaps there is something wrong with my system but whenever I make a Remote Desktop Connection OneNote pops up. Am I the only user who is having this problem? How do I prevent this from occurring WITHOUT removing OneNote?


Programmer for Visual C++ 6.0, and Microsoft Office including Access

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneNote | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-07-11T09:31:36+00:00

Original Title: MAJOR BUG REPORTED IN BETA VERSION OF ONENOTE STILL EXISTS!

This bug is so irritating that after I reported it I had to remove OneNote. Perhaps there is something wrong with my system but whenever I make a Remote Desktop Connection OneNote pops up. Am I the only user who is having this problem? How do I prevent this from occurring WITHOUT removing OneNote?

 


Programmer for Visual C++ 6.0, and Microsoft Office including Access

Workaround


  1. Open remote desktop (mstsc)
  2. click Option
  3. click local resource tab
  4. Uncheck "Printer (T)" under "local device and printer section"

then try now...

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-08-19T19:40:45+00:00

    This worked for me (I was having the same issue as the poster) but now I don't have my printers when I RDP to a server.

    I'm not sure which is the bigger nuisance, the insentient pop-ups from OneNote or not having my printers.

    TechMom

    OneNote 2010

    Windows 7 Professional SP1

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-06-09T14:40:09+00:00

    Hello,

    I do not have a Western digital service running, or the WDFME.EXE process as you recommended.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-06-09T09:54:33+00:00

    Thank you! It works. 

    Stupid microwindows mixes everything/

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-05-28T06:01:21+00:00

    Hi,

    the Printer uncheck Workaround is working well.

    ... WD Software is not installed on my machine.

    ... it seems in my case the Problem occures only if there are at least 2 RDP hops ...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments