OneNote opens every time I use Remote Desktop Connection

Anonymous
2010-10-03T21:39:41+00:00

Original Title: MAJOR BUG REPORTED IN BETA VERSION OF ONENOTE STILL EXISTS!

This bug is so irritating that after I reported it I had to remove OneNote. Perhaps there is something wrong with my system but whenever I make a Remote Desktop Connection OneNote pops up. Am I the only user who is having this problem? How do I prevent this from occurring WITHOUT removing OneNote?


Programmer for Visual C++ 6.0, and Microsoft Office including Access

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneNote | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-07-11T09:31:36+00:00

Original Title: MAJOR BUG REPORTED IN BETA VERSION OF ONENOTE STILL EXISTS!

This bug is so irritating that after I reported it I had to remove OneNote. Perhaps there is something wrong with my system but whenever I make a Remote Desktop Connection OneNote pops up. Am I the only user who is having this problem? How do I prevent this from occurring WITHOUT removing OneNote?

 


Programmer for Visual C++ 6.0, and Microsoft Office including Access

Workaround


  1. Open remote desktop (mstsc)
  2. click Option
  3. click local resource tab
  4. Uncheck "Printer (T)" under "local device and printer section"

then try now...

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-04-26T02:27:53+00:00

    See my comment above. Does it help?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-04-26T01:52:31+00:00

    This workaround (removing the use printers check from RD Client) really doesnt help me, as I still need the re-directed printers.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-02-13T14:40:10+00:00

    Thanks MohamedAzmal, your solution worked for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-07-23T15:32:19+00:00

    Do you have a process called WDFME.EXE?

    If so, it is part of Western Digital Smartware suite and we have seen it cause printer spooler traffic when opening the remote connection. This can cause OneNote to start.

    We have contacted WD about it but I'm not sure what's the status of it. You can try uninstalling this software or reinstalling the latest version to see if it helps.

    Hope this helps,

    Benoit.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments