OneNote opens every time I use Remote Desktop Connection

Anonymous
2010-10-03T21:39:41+00:00

Original Title: MAJOR BUG REPORTED IN BETA VERSION OF ONENOTE STILL EXISTS!

This bug is so irritating that after I reported it I had to remove OneNote. Perhaps there is something wrong with my system but whenever I make a Remote Desktop Connection OneNote pops up. Am I the only user who is having this problem? How do I prevent this from occurring WITHOUT removing OneNote?


Programmer for Visual C++ 6.0, and Microsoft Office including Access

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneNote | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-07-11T09:31:36+00:00

Original Title: MAJOR BUG REPORTED IN BETA VERSION OF ONENOTE STILL EXISTS!

This bug is so irritating that after I reported it I had to remove OneNote. Perhaps there is something wrong with my system but whenever I make a Remote Desktop Connection OneNote pops up. Am I the only user who is having this problem? How do I prevent this from occurring WITHOUT removing OneNote?

 


Programmer for Visual C++ 6.0, and Microsoft Office including Access

Workaround


  1. Open remote desktop (mstsc)
  2. click Option
  3. click local resource tab
  4. Uncheck "Printer (T)" under "local device and printer section"

then try now...

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2012-07-16T00:02:06+00:00

    Ditto

    I've had this problem for the last year. Unselecting Printers as above stops it starting on my local machine

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-03-03T02:00:34+00:00

    Hi Guys,

    Please try these steps:

    1. On Windows 7 machine, goto Start>>Run >> msconfig>> Startup Tab >> Uncheck OneNote >> Apply & Ok >> Reboot

    2)Unistall anti-virus. (I know it feels crazy but try it !)

    1. In Start search box, Type " Printfilterpipelinesvc.exe  " and rename it to Printfilterpipelinesvc.exe.old. Reboot and then try.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2011-12-22T14:38:38+00:00

    I had the exact same problem and it drove me nuts for months until today I decided to sort it out.  I also had 'ghost' prints going to long deleted printers.

    Open RDC and click Options,Local Resources and untick Printers and also Clipboard and your problem will go away.  Mine did thank god!

    HTH

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2011-09-13T15:40:30+00:00

    Hi Mike,

    Thanks for reaching out.

    Do you happen to have a Western Digital utility (probably named WDFME.EXE) running on those machine?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments