OneNote opens every time I use Remote Desktop Connection

Anonymous
2010-10-03T21:39:41+00:00

Original Title: MAJOR BUG REPORTED IN BETA VERSION OF ONENOTE STILL EXISTS!

This bug is so irritating that after I reported it I had to remove OneNote. Perhaps there is something wrong with my system but whenever I make a Remote Desktop Connection OneNote pops up. Am I the only user who is having this problem? How do I prevent this from occurring WITHOUT removing OneNote?


Programmer for Visual C++ 6.0, and Microsoft Office including Access

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneNote | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-07-11T09:31:36+00:00

Original Title: MAJOR BUG REPORTED IN BETA VERSION OF ONENOTE STILL EXISTS!

This bug is so irritating that after I reported it I had to remove OneNote. Perhaps there is something wrong with my system but whenever I make a Remote Desktop Connection OneNote pops up. Am I the only user who is having this problem? How do I prevent this from occurring WITHOUT removing OneNote?

 


Programmer for Visual C++ 6.0, and Microsoft Office including Access

Workaround


  1. Open remote desktop (mstsc)
  2. click Option
  3. click local resource tab
  4. Uncheck "Printer (T)" under "local device and printer section"

then try now...

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2011-09-13T03:14:03+00:00

    Im an network admin with about 600 windows machines here.  i only see this bug on 2 or 3 machines, and it does drive me crazy.  here are some points:

    OS:  All WIN7 64

    MSOFFICE:  Office2010

    Printers:  Networked HP laserjets

    Security:  McAffee AV

    whats odd, is that identical machines that were purchased and installed at the same time and sitting right beside... dont have this problem.  Leaving me little to trouble shoot with.

    Lastly, these machiens that have the OneNote bug, dont seem to install windows updates reliably.

    We use a KACE/KBOX server, and ive noted SSL communication errors on these  machines.  Could be coincidence or underlying issues.

    Would be nice to see a fix for this nagging problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2011-04-11T21:15:31+00:00

    I too am having this issue on a couple of machines. It did not start until a Samsung printer and it's accompanying software was installed on the systems. I have not removed the softare or drivers yet as it will affect a great number of users. I really wonder if this isn't an incompatibility between Windows7, server2008 and Samsung.   Anybody else using samsung printers?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2011-03-21T02:58:15+00:00

    Sorry you are hitting this. But we can't propose workarounds or solutions or hotfix without finding out what's going on. We have thousands of engineers using RDP here every day here and it does not repro. It is not a general problem, but as we can see here some users are hitting this.

    If you do repro this, please provide answers to my questions above and I'll do my best to help.

    Thanks,

    Benoit Barabe, OneNote Dev Manager.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2011-03-19T21:54:17+00:00

    This issue has plauged my customer as well as my team.  It would be nice to have a Microsoft Hotfix released to solve this.  I will continue to look, but since 2010, I have have this same problem. 

    If someone finds out a solution, please post.  I have searched almost everywhere for a solution.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments