OneNote opens every time I use Remote Desktop Connection

Anonymous
2010-10-03T21:39:41+00:00

Original Title: MAJOR BUG REPORTED IN BETA VERSION OF ONENOTE STILL EXISTS!

This bug is so irritating that after I reported it I had to remove OneNote. Perhaps there is something wrong with my system but whenever I make a Remote Desktop Connection OneNote pops up. Am I the only user who is having this problem? How do I prevent this from occurring WITHOUT removing OneNote?


Programmer for Visual C++ 6.0, and Microsoft Office including Access

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneNote | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-07-11T09:31:36+00:00

Original Title: MAJOR BUG REPORTED IN BETA VERSION OF ONENOTE STILL EXISTS!

This bug is so irritating that after I reported it I had to remove OneNote. Perhaps there is something wrong with my system but whenever I make a Remote Desktop Connection OneNote pops up. Am I the only user who is having this problem? How do I prevent this from occurring WITHOUT removing OneNote?

 


Programmer for Visual C++ 6.0, and Microsoft Office including Access

Workaround


  1. Open remote desktop (mstsc)
  2. click Option
  3. click local resource tab
  4. Uncheck "Printer (T)" under "local device and printer section"

then try now...

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2010-10-06T17:27:39+00:00

    I ran the repair feature, and created a notebook. When I connected to another computer using remote access I ran into the same problem. Is there a way to add a screenshot to this posting? If so I could do so. OneNote is showing a window that reads: You cannot use this command while there is a dialog open in OneNote.

    There is one alteration in OneNote's behaviour. Prior to creating a notebook clicking 'Ok' had no affect; now when I click 'Ok' the entire OneNote application closes.

    Do you have any ideas as to what is creating this behaviour? I should mention that when I created my first notebook I chose the option to synchronize it with -- I cannot quite remember now -- either the internet or my SkyDrive.

    Although OneNote's behaviour has improved, it is still somewhat irritating.


    Programmer for Visual C++ 6.0, and Microsoft Office including Access

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2010-10-04T13:46:47+00:00

    Try the detect and repair function in office to diagnise errors in the installation sources.

    When you say remote connection does it happens with certain users or any user.

    The keyboard shortcut to open onenote is WINDOWS+SHIFT+N key make sure you dont hit these keys accidentally

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2010-10-04T00:37:41+00:00

    Not even the Task Manager is able to close OneNote!


    Programmer for Visual C++ 6.0, and Microsoft Office including Access

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2010-10-03T21:50:26+00:00

    I am UNABLE to close OneNote -- just as I reported while using the Beta version. I am NOT HAPPY!


    Programmer for Visual C++ 6.0, and Microsoft Office including Access

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments