How do you lock elements in a Powerpoint page so they cant be moved?

Anonymous
2011-10-14T00:56:46+00:00

How do you lock elements in a Powerpoint page so they cant be moved?

Can you lock and unlock a given element on a page?

Microsoft 365 and Office | PowerPoint | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Steve Rindsberg 99,176 Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
2011-10-14T15:22:13+00:00

There are lots of good reasons why you might want to lock a shape in place, and some of us have been begging for this feature for years.  I've even written this into a couple of my add-ins but haven't ever done 'em for Mac.

One workaround is to use a new master and put the "locked" content on the master.  Users won't be able to select it/move it while editing slides based on that master.

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-04-13T06:15:22+00:00

    Hi guys

    thank you, yes it's been a while..

    I will try shapelocker it seems quite adapted.

    will let you know

    BR

    G

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-04-13T02:09:11+00:00

    Okay thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Steve Rindsberg 99,176 Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2015-04-13T01:18:30+00:00

    As I mentioned before, you can use the Selection Pane to SELECT the shape you want to work with.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-04-12T16:31:08+00:00

    Hi Steve,

    Yes I use Win 7. I did go to Home then went to Select under Editing to the very far right. It literally made the graphic disappear on me when I clicked the eye. Is this what you meant? The problem I have with this is I have to be able to see all the graphics to line things up. I just want certain graphics I select to stay put when I am adding on more since many times things will jump a bit when I am adding or moving things around to fit. Thank you for responding : )

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments