A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
In table properties, make sure the table wrapping is set to None.
Pam
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Recently I've moved over to office 2010, having been an Office user for 10+ years. My issue is with Word 2010. I'm ok in Word, no expert but get by and can do what I need to. I've never had the below issues before and have used this function many times on Word 2007.
When I am using tables I have selected the 'repeat header rows' function. However it is not working. Anotherwords, my header rows are not repeating on subsequent pages.
Also, when using tables, I have de-selected (from table properties) 'allow rows to break across pages', so that my rows shouldnt be split across 2 pages. However, this also is not working.
There are 5 tables in the document, all the tables were 'split' at some point via the 'split tables' function. I created the table from copying and pasting lines from a powerpoint document, then converting that text in to one table, then creating columns to the left and right of it and have hand typed the column headings.
I have tried the following, to no avail:
Is this a problem with Word 2010?
Help would be appreciated.
A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
In table properties, make sure the table wrapping is set to None.
Pam
The reason you got lost was that the post was not a question but a proposed answer. It recapitulates the OP's entire post with interpolated replies. Since none of the quoted portion is formatted as quoted, it is very difficult to work out what is part of the question and what is part of the proposed answer. Moreover, since the original question was asked (and answered) nearly two years ago, this post is superfluous as well as unhelpful.
Since this forum does not allow to elaborate graphically, I have used another forum to help you. However, I do not know how to expend the graphics there. You can click https://picasaweb.google.com/105928096484805974348/January262013 to view the graphic in bigger scale.
Thank you.
That option does not exist in Word 2010. There is an option in Table Properties for "Text wrapping", but that controls only the wrapping of text around the table. It does not prevent the table itself from being split across pages.
I have searched the web extensively for an answer to this question, and every answer I have found is an answer to a different question from the one that was asked. As far as I know, the option to prevent a table from splitting across pages is something that can be done only in earlier versions of Word, but is broken (or, actually, absent) in Word 2010. The only solutions I know of are (a) manually insert blank lines before the table, so that it states on a new page, or (b) upgrade to an earlier version of Word.
That text wrapping setting is the one Pam was referring to, and it is the answer to the question asked. Your question is a different one and is answered in http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/KeepTableOn1Page.htm and http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/ControlPgBrksInTables.htm. To manually break a table to the next page without splitting it (and thereby losing the repeating header row), format the row as "Page break before."
If your table is wrapped, there is a Compatibility Option (File | Options | Advanced: Layout options) that will prevent it from being broken: "Don't break wrapped tables across pages."