A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
In table properties, make sure the table wrapping is set to None.
Pam
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Recently I've moved over to office 2010, having been an Office user for 10+ years. My issue is with Word 2010. I'm ok in Word, no expert but get by and can do what I need to. I've never had the below issues before and have used this function many times on Word 2007.
When I am using tables I have selected the 'repeat header rows' function. However it is not working. Anotherwords, my header rows are not repeating on subsequent pages.
Also, when using tables, I have de-selected (from table properties) 'allow rows to break across pages', so that my rows shouldnt be split across 2 pages. However, this also is not working.
There are 5 tables in the document, all the tables were 'split' at some point via the 'split tables' function. I created the table from copying and pasting lines from a powerpoint document, then converting that text in to one table, then creating columns to the left and right of it and have hand typed the column headings.
I have tried the following, to no avail:
Is this a problem with Word 2010?
Help would be appreciated.
A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
In table properties, make sure the table wrapping is set to None.
Pam
It means that if a table is narrow enough for a paragraph to wrap around it, the paragraph text will wrap around the table.
Wrapping text can potentially cause a side accessibility issue in which text is read aloud out of sequence.
Anyway, Pam, thanks for the solution which was hitting a document of ours as well.
It can also mean that text above and below will flow around the table (not necessarily beside it) if the table position is defined relative to the page.
Long story short. I found that the table I copied from a previous version of Word did not work. However, when I CREATED the table in 2010, and defined the Header row before creating more rows (I created a 2-row table), using the Table Properties menu - I had no further problems, copying the table I created throughout the document. I literally had to re-do all of the tables, about 25, using the one I created in 2010. There does not seem to be anyway to correct it if you have tried the other suggestions already mentioned.
MEMD,
I'm sorry you had to go to such trouble to fix your tables. Either of these two suggestions might have helped avoid that:
Tables transfer from W2003 without the boxes checked in the the Table Style Options group (Far left, Table Design tab) . For Repeat heading rows to work, Header Row must be checked.
Some W2003 tables have no table style applied. Tables created in Word versions before 2002, when table styles were introduced, also have no table style. And some table features are not available in W2007/10 unless a table style is applied. (I'm recalling earlier experiences here, and do not have any old tables to test again. So I can't be more specific.) Apply a table style and you should be OK. If you need to keep the formatting (Colors and such) of the table, right click on the table style (say, Table Grid) and choose "Apply and Maintain Formatting".
HTH,
Pam