A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
In table properties, make sure the table wrapping is set to None.
Pam
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Recently I've moved over to office 2010, having been an Office user for 10+ years. My issue is with Word 2010. I'm ok in Word, no expert but get by and can do what I need to. I've never had the below issues before and have used this function many times on Word 2007.
When I am using tables I have selected the 'repeat header rows' function. However it is not working. Anotherwords, my header rows are not repeating on subsequent pages.
Also, when using tables, I have de-selected (from table properties) 'allow rows to break across pages', so that my rows shouldnt be split across 2 pages. However, this also is not working.
There are 5 tables in the document, all the tables were 'split' at some point via the 'split tables' function. I created the table from copying and pasting lines from a powerpoint document, then converting that text in to one table, then creating columns to the left and right of it and have hand typed the column headings.
I have tried the following, to no avail:
Is this a problem with Word 2010?
Help would be appreciated.
A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
In table properties, make sure the table wrapping is set to None.
Pam
Hi Doug, found your email on your personal page. Will email the document to you now.
The only "problem" is the "new & improvements" <sigh> ...
Are you having the problem in new documents, created in 2010, or "old" documents created in earlier versions? (Just out of curiosity).
I was able to recreate the no header row problem. here is what I did, and how I fixed it:
So the feature works, I just think the way they implemented it is less than obvious, misleading actually if you don't closely concentrate on the intent of the Design tab options.
Splitting rows: The option is applied on a row by row basis so you have to have the whole table selected. Try selecting the whole table, then going into table properties, and turning on/off the split rows across pages option.
Ok, taking this advice, I went to Design, Table Style and deselected 'header row' then went to Layout and deselected 'repeat header rows'. Then I went back to Design, table style and reselcted 'header row' and then went back to Layout and reselected 'repeat header rows.
This worked for the first table in the document, but does not work for any of the subsequent tables.
I also tried this same procedure whilst the whole table was highlighted/selected. This didnt work either.