A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
In table properties, make sure the table wrapping is set to None.
Pam
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Recently I've moved over to office 2010, having been an Office user for 10+ years. My issue is with Word 2010. I'm ok in Word, no expert but get by and can do what I need to. I've never had the below issues before and have used this function many times on Word 2007.
When I am using tables I have selected the 'repeat header rows' function. However it is not working. Anotherwords, my header rows are not repeating on subsequent pages.
Also, when using tables, I have de-selected (from table properties) 'allow rows to break across pages', so that my rows shouldnt be split across 2 pages. However, this also is not working.
There are 5 tables in the document, all the tables were 'split' at some point via the 'split tables' function. I created the table from copying and pasting lines from a powerpoint document, then converting that text in to one table, then creating columns to the left and right of it and have hand typed the column headings.
I have tried the following, to no avail:
Is this a problem with Word 2010?
Help would be appreciated.
A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
In table properties, make sure the table wrapping is set to None.
Pam
I just found out what is happening in Word 2010. When you select the table and get the "Table Tools" tab.
I admit I am for a loss why this option is not shown with the header row option anywhere else.
The "Header row" check box on the Design tab of the Table Tools determines whether or not the header row(s) has/have distinctive formatting if you have a table style that includes special formatting for header rows. It does not designate a selected row as a header row. I agree this is confusing at first.
Pam rocks!
Hi
Try Selecting Repeat Header Rows on Data Tab of Layout in Table Tools after Selecting entire table.