A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
In table properties, make sure the table wrapping is set to None.
Pam
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Recently I've moved over to office 2010, having been an Office user for 10+ years. My issue is with Word 2010. I'm ok in Word, no expert but get by and can do what I need to. I've never had the below issues before and have used this function many times on Word 2007.
When I am using tables I have selected the 'repeat header rows' function. However it is not working. Anotherwords, my header rows are not repeating on subsequent pages.
Also, when using tables, I have de-selected (from table properties) 'allow rows to break across pages', so that my rows shouldnt be split across 2 pages. However, this also is not working.
There are 5 tables in the document, all the tables were 'split' at some point via the 'split tables' function. I created the table from copying and pasting lines from a powerpoint document, then converting that text in to one table, then creating columns to the left and right of it and have hand typed the column headings.
I have tried the following, to no avail:
Is this a problem with Word 2010?
Help would be appreciated.
A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
In table properties, make sure the table wrapping is set to None.
Pam
Thank you for this solution! for a moment, I thought I was going crazy....
All heading styles are by default formatted as "Keep with next," and that alone could cause the break if both the heading row and the following row are deep.
If the break coincided with the Heading 2, it is most likely that the Heading 2 Style was formatted to have a page break before it.
There is another issue I found that can cause a Word table row to "break" to the next page instead of staying all together, regardless of all the settings not to do so. I have been fighting with a 2010 Word doc with about 10 large rows, that I received from an associate. The third row would always break to the start of the next page. All the other rows did not break. None of the above settings made any difference with this offending row. Maddening.... Anyway, I found that in the offending row, there was some text that was marked as Heading 2 inadvertently. The "Heading 2" Style was causing this large row to break to the next page regardless of what I did. Once I changed the text style to Normal, the row quit breaking to the next page... Success!! So, look at the styles within your table - if there are any header styles applied, this might be the cause of your grief.... Thanks.