Microsoft Office 2010 Dictionary missing

Anonymous
2011-08-30T11:43:59+00:00

Previously Office 2010 Dictionary had been working fine, now nothing dictionary and thesaurus missing. Please help.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Stefan Blom 353.7K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
2011-08-30T12:07:19+00:00

Make sure that the correct language is applied to text. On the Review tab, click Language | Set Proofing Language.

Also, as long as you have the Language dialog box open, make sure to clear the "Detect language automatically" option. Doing so will prevent the language from changing at the insertion point.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Doug Robbins - MVP - Office Apps and Services 323.6K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2013-02-24T22:36:01+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-02-24T18:50:36+00:00

    I had purchased MS Office 2010 for school, and I am taking a Signature Word 2010 course, and I can't complete some assignments because dictionary and translator aren't working. So frustrating! Worst of all when I went on a live chat for help the tech told me "Office doesn't come with dictionary..." Now I have to wait until after my assignments are due for my appt. with a Technician II.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-01-18T02:02:11+00:00

    I just got my computer in late November and loaded MS Office 2010. I wanted to use the dictionary to verify the definition of a word, but like skwipp only the Thesaurus is there. If I misspell the word, Word displays possible correct spellings but I cannot get definitions like in previous versions of Word. What happened to the dictionary?????

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-01-12T21:57:48+00:00

    I followed your suggestion. No go. The "All Reference Books" drop down tab lists only the Thesaurus, no dictionary.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments