export word review comments in excel

Anonymous
2010-10-08T09:36:15+00:00

Hi , I have several Review comments in my word documents, I wan to export all these comments to excel sheet.

If it is possible by macros, please guide me with step by step process.

Regards,

RG

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-09-17T13:56:33+00:00

    Maybe something like

    Sub CopyCommentsToExcel()

    'Create in Word vba

    'set a reference to the Excel object library

    Dim xlApp As Excel.Application

    Dim xlWB As Excel.Workbook

    Dim i As Integer

    Set xlApp = CreateObject("Excel.Application")

    xlApp.Visible = True

    Set xlWB = xlApp.Workbooks.Add ' create a new workbook

    With xlWB.Worksheets(1)

        For i = 1 To ActiveDocument.Comments.Count

            .Cells(i, 1).Formula = ActiveDocument.Comments(i).Initial

            .Cells(i, 2).Formula = ActiveDocument.Comments(i).Range

            .Cells(i, 3).Formula = Format(ActiveDocument.Comments(i).Date, "dd/MM/yyyy")

        Next i

    End With

    Set xlWB = Nothing

    Set xlApp = Nothing

    End Sub

    http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm


    <Rrrrrrrgrrrrrr> wrote in message news:*** Email address is removed for privacy ***...

    Hi , I have several Review comments in my word documents, I wan to export all these comments to excel sheet.

    If it is possible by macros, please guide me with step by step process.

    Regards,

    RG


    Graham Mayor - Word MVP

    www.gmayor.com

    Posted via the Communities Bridge

    http://communitybridge.codeplex.com/

    Yes! Thank you so much.

    This is an old post now, but I just wanted you to know it is still very much helping peeps out big time. You have saved me an age.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-10-09T17:29:06+00:00

    GMayor, your code is a huge help to me today.

    Thank you so much for taking the trouble to post it and make it so easy to use.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-02-28T20:17:21+00:00

    Aldoduke's answer seems fine if headings have numbers. What if headings DON'T have numbers? How would I change the code of this macro?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-02-28T20:57:32+00:00

    My first question was not clear, so here it is again:

    When I run the macro on a Word document that contains comments, I get the following message: "Compile error: Method or data member not found."

    The code stops at this line in the ParentLevel function: sStyle = Para.Range.ParagraphStyle. The word "ParagraphStyle" is highlighted.

    Could anybody help me figure out why the macro breaks?

    Thanks in advance.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Doug Robbins - MVP - Office Apps and Services 323.6K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2014-03-01T05:06:26+00:00

    Use Graham Mayor's code.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments