A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
Use Graham Mayor's code.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi , I have several Review comments in my word documents, I wan to export all these comments to excel sheet.
If it is possible by macros, please guide me with step by step process.
Regards,
RG
A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Use Graham Mayor's code.
My first question was not clear, so here it is again:
When I run the macro on a Word document that contains comments, I get the following message: "Compile error: Method or data member not found."
The code stops at this line in the ParentLevel function: sStyle = Para.Range.ParagraphStyle. The word "ParagraphStyle" is highlighted.
Could anybody help me figure out why the macro breaks?
Thanks in advance.
Aldoduke's answer seems fine if headings have numbers. What if headings DON'T have numbers? How would I change the code of this macro?
GMayor, your code is a huge help to me today.
Thank you so much for taking the trouble to post it and make it so easy to use.
Maybe something like
Sub CopyCommentsToExcel()
'Create in Word vba
'set a reference to the Excel object library
Dim xlApp As Excel.Application
Dim xlWB As Excel.Workbook
Dim i As Integer
Set xlApp = CreateObject("Excel.Application")
xlApp.Visible = True
Set xlWB = xlApp.Workbooks.Add ' create a new workbook
With xlWB.Worksheets(1)
For i = 1 To ActiveDocument.Comments.Count
.Cells(i, 1).Formula = ActiveDocument.Comments(i).Initial
.Cells(i, 2).Formula = ActiveDocument.Comments(i).Range
.Cells(i, 3).Formula = Format(ActiveDocument.Comments(i).Date, "dd/MM/yyyy")
Next i
End With
Set xlWB = Nothing
Set xlApp = Nothing
End Sub
http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm
<Rrrrrrrgrrrrrr> wrote in message news:*** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
Hi , I have several Review comments in my word documents, I wan to export all these comments to excel sheet.
If it is possible by macros, please guide me with step by step process.
Regards,
RG
Graham Mayor - Word MVP
Posted via the Communities Bridge
Yes! Thank you so much.
This is an old post now, but I just wanted you to know it is still very much helping peeps out big time. You have saved me an age.