Hi, I keep going round in circles on this one. I've tried a Repair to Office 2010 too just in case there was an issue, but that made no difference. Looks like I'll have to try some of the deeper troubleshooting tips you've all
been kind enough to send me.
When I try to edit Normal.dotm I save the changed file and close down the document Word has opened up. When I re-launch Word I keep getting the window on the left of the screen telling me the Normal file has been recovered and asking me whether I want
to save it. Both clicking on that file or closing that window without clicking on the file have the same effect - i.e. none whatsoever and the line spacing is back to where I started. I suppose I could always try to remove Office 2010 from my system and re-install
it, but it's getting ridiculous when I have to contemplate that action.
I'll let you know how I get on.
Thank you to all who have responded - much appreciated.
This is different from my version of Word. I don't get a message that Normal.dotm has been recovered.
I am using:
Microsoft Office Home and Student 2010
Version: 14.0.6129.5000 (32-bit)
I think I have all the latest updates.
Hope this helps.