I see you have several Microsoft certifications but can't figure out this extremely simple task. This is not your fault. I've been an MCSE for 15 years and I find all of the Microsoft user interfaces have become more cryptic and unusable with each release.
Oh yeah, great new features, I just can't figure out with my MCSE certification how to change the background color of text in MS Word.
Microsoft' product evolution has seen visual cues become ever more nuanced and difficult to discern. Common functions one easily available are now buried in "categories" which only MS engineers understand. Menus have disappeared, and the user is left to
stare blankly at their screen when they want to do perform even the most simple task.
It seems in their quest to become sleek, hip, and cool, Microsoft has rendered most of their products virtually unusable by the vast majority of their user base. It's a struggle to figure out how to do the simplest of tasks in every product MS puts out today.
The fact that this very thread exists is testament to the failure of Microsoft to evolve a truly "user-friendly" interface.