click-2-run configuration failure

Anonymous
2010-02-22T09:47:55+00:00

I installed word 2010 beta, and I cant open it.

I just get the above message

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-10-19T22:55:06+00:00

I had all of the same problems listed above, with no luck. I tried uninstalling, or repairing and no luck. I am using Windows 7, and using the Microsoft Office Starter that came pre-packaged with a new laptop. This laptop is less than 2 weeks old and Office started acting up a couple days after we got it. I have gone over and over the forums and tech supports with no luck.

I took an alternate approach to repairing the "Click-2-Run Configuration Failure" that WORKED (For me). I hope this helps others, the approach is very simple that anyone with ADMIN rights should be able to do this.

Solution that worked for me...

1.) Create an alternate User Account on the computer.

2.) Restart the computer and Login to the new user account.

3.) Open the Microsoft Office Starter from "All Programs"

4.) Click on Word or Excel

5.) The program should start loading all files needed from the Microsoft server.

6.) Once all files are loaded, you should be able to access your Microsoft Office Starter Programs. (Open and confirm.)

7.) "Switch User" to your ORIGINAL ACCOUNT

8.) Click one of the Microsoft Office Starter programs and hopefully it will start working.

9.) NOTE: I have not yet deleted the new user account, so results may vary.

Good luck,

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2010-11-12T21:31:29+00:00

    Please stop posting this silly link. The instructions to Uninstall are to use the Add/Remove Programs utility. Don't you think we've already tried that? Obviously that isn't working.


    Bill Nicholson

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2010-11-18T18:27:48+00:00

    Nope, that doesn't work. You can't uninstall click-to-run; click-to run has a "configuration error" which shows when you try to install (re-install) Office 2010. Stalemate.

    How was this product ever released? Who will get the sack for this?

    Look, I paid good money for this rubbish. If it was any other product I'd demand my money back. So: GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2010-11-25T06:21:54+00:00

    hey so i got this error as well when i clicked on microsoft word from the task bar in windows 7. but then i just opened mircosoft word from all programs and it worked fine. so i deleted the broken link in the taskbar and pinned the word icon that was openned to the taskbar and now everythings fine! but i still cant remove the extra drive...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2010-12-27T11:38:36+00:00

    Please stop posting this silly link. The instructions to Uninstall are to use the Add/Remove Programs utility. Don't you think we've already tried that? Obviously that isn't working.


    Bill Nicholson

    superb it is really good........i like it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments