click-2-run configuration failure

Anonymous
2010-02-22T09:47:55+00:00

I installed word 2010 beta, and I cant open it.

I just get the above message

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-10-19T22:55:06+00:00

I had all of the same problems listed above, with no luck. I tried uninstalling, or repairing and no luck. I am using Windows 7, and using the Microsoft Office Starter that came pre-packaged with a new laptop. This laptop is less than 2 weeks old and Office started acting up a couple days after we got it. I have gone over and over the forums and tech supports with no luck.

I took an alternate approach to repairing the "Click-2-Run Configuration Failure" that WORKED (For me). I hope this helps others, the approach is very simple that anyone with ADMIN rights should be able to do this.

Solution that worked for me...

1.) Create an alternate User Account on the computer.

2.) Restart the computer and Login to the new user account.

3.) Open the Microsoft Office Starter from "All Programs"

4.) Click on Word or Excel

5.) The program should start loading all files needed from the Microsoft server.

6.) Once all files are loaded, you should be able to access your Microsoft Office Starter Programs. (Open and confirm.)

7.) "Switch User" to your ORIGINAL ACCOUNT

8.) Click one of the Microsoft Office Starter programs and hopefully it will start working.

9.) NOTE: I have not yet deleted the new user account, so results may vary.

Good luck,

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Suzanne S Barnhill 279.4K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2012-05-24T20:38:52+00:00

    The solution will be different depending on whether you have the full Office 2010 suite or Office Starter edition. Unfortunately, follow-up questions about both versions have become intertwined in this thread. If you have the full Office Suite, see http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ01094_Office_2010_Click-to-Run.htm.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-05-24T19:43:37+00:00

    I am getting increasingly frustrated and upset with microsoft and the support it provides. I have a problem with the click to run issue in office. The software has created a Q drive without permission on my hard drive that is protected so that I can't delete or format it. This is ridiculous. I have followed the link you provided and it takes me to a link that will not fix my version and then my product is not supported because of where I am. This is for a very obviously known design fault. I would like a definitive fix for this please or at least an answer from microsoft as to why it is not testing its software fully and not fixing it when bugs are found.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments