Font keeps changing back to Calibri?

Anonymous
2010-06-30T16:02:39+00:00

Hello,

I have a question here. Whenever I change my font and then try to type, it keeps changing back to double-spaced 11pt Calibri. I can't cope with this, as I want another font to write my book (sans-serif to have its feel). But I can't change it.

I have tried typing the paragraph first and then change it back to my desired font. It works, but this is just too much work, because in the next paragraph it reverted back to Calibri.

I have tried a solution where one suggests to change the Default font, and that doesn't work either.

For your notes, I have recently updated my Microsoft Office. Updates installed are KB934391, KB967642 and a few security updates.

I will check back here everyday. Please respond quickly.

Sincerely.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Stefan Blom 353.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
2010-06-30T17:46:55+00:00

My guess is that you haven't succeeded in properly changing the default font. There are several ways; try this one: In the Styles pane (Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S), click the Manage Styles button. On the Set Defaults tab, specify the settings that you want. The changes will apply to the current document, but if you select "New documents based on this template" before clicking OK, the settings will be transferred to the attached template.

If it still doesn't work, try opening the Normal template as a file and make the changes directly (in the Open dialog box, click Trusted Templates, click Normal.dotm and click Open). When you are done, save and close Normal.

Assuming that works, the next step is to investigate what prevented you from saving your Normal template earlier.

Was this answer helpful?

90+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Anonymous
    2016-04-05T10:16:28+00:00

    Thank you Ethan Kroos.

    Quick, simple and effective!

    The official Microsoft guff seems to be an exercise in frustration, as I had tried setting my preferred font numerous times as the default only to find it reverting to that horrible Calibri 11pt rubbish repeatedly.

    Who advises Microsoft on font choices?  They don't understand reading efficiency at all and seem to have the aesthetic judgement of a blind warthog.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Stefan Blom 353.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2016-03-17T00:00:12+00:00

    The keyboard shortcut may be different on your system. You can always open the Styles pane by clicking the dialog launcher button (the little arrow on the bottom right) of the Styles group on the Home tab.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-03-16T22:25:43+00:00

    My guess is that you haven't succeeded in properly changing the default font. There are several ways; try this one: In the Styles pane (Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S), click the Manage Styles button. On the Set Defaults tab, specify the settings that you want. The changes will apply to the current document, but if you select "New documents based on this template" before clicking OK, the settings will be transferred to the attached template.

    If it still doesn't work, try opening the Normal template as a file and make the changes directly (in the Open dialog box, click Trusted Templates, click Normal.dotm and click Open). When you are done, save and close Normal.

    Assuming that works, the next step is to investigate what prevented you from saving your Normal template earlier.

    Styles pane won't open...I clicked Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S and nothing happened

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments