A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
loading 2007 was my original plan. On the old machine (which still works) I had a problem loading office 2007 upgrades and eventually this messed up my registry that eventually caused me to receivethe error message, "windows host services has stopped working and has shut down". When I got that message I would get kicked offline and would have to reboot to get on again. So I was hesitant to load 2007 because I didnt want to risk upgrade problems on my new machine. Maybe it was the way 2007 worked with Vista that messed things up. If I do what you suggest (loading 2007), should I erase the 2010 starter version first? When I set up my new machine the 2007word files were not populated and gave me two options, buy 2010 online or use the starter version, which Im now using. Will 2007 load on a machine that has Windows 7? Lastly, if I go the copy route, where do I find the font files in 2007 to copy (there are about 5 different fonts I need from 2007) and where do I type in the file names in 2010?