What is a reliable safe way to download a "Bradley Hand ITC" font for Home student office 2010?

Anonymous
2011-09-09T08:38:23+00:00

I currently have the starter version of student home office 2010. Previously I had the 2007 version which had the Bradley Hand ITC Font (and some others) that are not included on the 2010 version. I wrote a really large document using that font and need to get it back. There are different sites that offer free downloads but I am trying to avoid spamware and spyware etc. If possible, please let me know where to download a reliable trouble free Bradley Hand ITC font for Microsoft Home Student Office 2010. Thank you. JBW

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2011-09-11T08:16:33+00:00

    What folders are you trying to move where and how? Windows 7 does not stop you from moving folders, it merely makes more checks to ensure that you know what you are doing. Windows Explorer works much like it did in other versions.

    You did not need to add the PDF function. It would have been included when you updated Office 2007 to SP2 (which if you have not yet done, you should).

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2011-09-11T07:22:01+00:00

    I just loaded Student Home Office 2007 and it worked fine. I have all of my beloved fonts back. I also downloaded the PDF add in so now I can save docs in PDF format. The only disappointment so far is the inability to move files and folders manually. I suppose this is because Im running Windows 7 instead  of Vista. Is there a way to regain this feature? Perhaps with so many people complaining about it (its a rather hot topic in Office 2010 forums) maybe they will put together a service pack to enable this feature? Is there a way around it?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2011-09-11T04:46:01+00:00

    Office XP is not recommended nor fully compatible with Windows 7. Some elements will work, but there are definite issues with e.g. Outlook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2011-09-11T04:44:32+00:00

    Office 2007 works fine on Windows 7 - FWIW I have Word 2003, 2007 and 2010 installed here.

    It is imposible to guess what you did that screwed up Office 2007 on your old PC, but it sounds deeper rooted than simply the Office 2007 installation.

    Office Starter is installed on a virtual disc - a Q drive - and so should not interfere with the Office 2007 installation which will install on your C drive. Personally I would uninstall Starter, but be aware that if you do that it is unlikely that you will be able to restore it without returning your PC to its as supplied condition i.e. without your software and data.

    If you retain Starter there will certainly be some conflicts over shared resources. It seems likely that they will share the same normal template (which is not a good thing), but if you rename the normal template and don't use Starter at all, it should be OK.

    You will almost certainly have a Office 2010 trial on the PC, either installed, or ready to be installed. That must be removed or you will not be able to activate Office 2007. You can always get a new trial later if you wish to update.

    Fonts are stored in the C:\Windows\Fonts folder. Simply copy the relevant files from that folder on your old PC to the same folder on the new one.

    I think all your other questions have been covered.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2011-09-11T02:34:54+00:00

    Well, having over a year of unfinished patching is simply begging for trouble. Like Suzanne, I have Update set to Notify me only. I usually wait till the weekend before applying the monthly MS patches. Just to find out if other had problems that I need to avoid.  There is no way I'd go without completing updates for a year. When you have a problem with one, look in the Updates History to find out what the error is and fix it. Sometimes it is as simple as a required service not running.

    Just because you had software problems should not force you to buy a new computer. You could simply re-install Windows and other apps to "refresh" your computer. Unless of course you felt your computer was too old and out of date.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments