Hi,
I figured a workaround which you might be interested in. In essence it involves masking the string (blank) with white color fonts using conditional formating. Needs to be done one time only upon the whole sheet or PT or range of cells.
- select the whole sheet/ table/ range of cells
- select [Conditional Formatting] -> [New Formatting Rule]
- in the [New Formatting Rule] dialog window
select [Format only cells that contain]
under the [Format only cells with:] select [Cell Value] from the drop-down list - actually it is selected by default ; select [equal to] from the drop-down list next; type (blank) in the third box
- then press the [Format] button to set the format
- it opens another dialog window about formatting
- select [Fonts] tab (it is the default one)
- select white color for fonts
- OK and OK again and you've done it :)
In this way, (blank) will not visually annoy you and the same time you don't mess with cells contents.
Hope to have been of help
*** Email address is removed for privacy ***
Thank you!!! This worked even after a refresh!!! I tweaked it a bit because I am using multiple colors for my lines. I did Conditional Formatting - New Rule - Format Only cells that contain - Cell Value - Equal To - ="(blank)" - Format - Number - Custom
- ;;; - OK [(that was three semi-colons]