Remove (blank) from pivot table

Anonymous
2011-02-25T12:16:56+00:00

Hi,

My source data has empty cells.  When I PT this data - the PT shows "(blank)" for the empty cells.  How can I keep the cells "empty" in the PT.  I do not want to manually filter and uncheck (blank) as this removes other data which is needed.

TIA,

PS

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-02-25T14:15:06+00:00

Excel 2007/2010 PivotTable

Show blank cell instead of (blank)

in RowField/ColumnField item labels.

http://c3017412.r12.cf0.rackcdn.com/01_23_11.xlsx

If you get *.zip, don't unzip, just rename *.xlsx

Was this answer helpful?

200+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2012-09-18T21:04:53+00:00

    Thank you thank you thank you!  Now that said:

    Is it just me or isn't it too bad that we users have to come up with workarounds because a standard pivot table feature (For empty cells show: ) DOESN'T WORK!

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-10-01T04:37:52+00:00

    that's more like it!!!! Thank you very much!!! it's there but it's white... works better where you have data in the initial table that can't be changed with the precious method (example data from ODBC Query from Mysql)...

    Thanks again!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-01-27T20:34:05+00:00

    So very helpful...thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-02-06T21:03:10+00:00

    Can someone please supply a screenshot of the solution Herbert Seidenberg has suggested (Show blank cell instead of (blank) in RowField/ColumnField item labels.)? I cannot find this anywhere choice anywhere in the Field Settings. I am at a total loss to figure out these instructions. Even looking at the attached spreadsheet, I still have no clue.

    Thanks!

    Bruce

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments